9/28/2009

Olive pasty

For a long time, there's been some raw olive waiting for me to come up with a recipe where they can be used. First I prepared some pasty, where the amount of ingredients is not exact, as, while preparing, I kept tasting and trying.

Ingredients:
1 cup of sunflower seed,
1 cup of pumpkin seed,
1 cup of raw black olive,
1 cup of chopped up sundried tomatoes soaked 1 hour
1/2 onion,
1/4 cup of parsley,
1/4 cup of basil,
1-2 clove of garlic,
2 tbsp sprouted buckwheat

Mix all ingredients in a food processor.



It has an intense mediterranean taste. As both the olive and the sundried tomatoes are salty, don't salt.

It was so thick I could not eat all of it in two days, so I dehydrated the rest.

2 comments:

  1. I am brand new at going raw and I have a question.. After you dehydrated the remaining pasty how did you serve or eat it after being dehydrated.. I have been watching your blog for a while and do enjoy learning.. I will save these two recipes.. They sound good.. I have never eaten raw pumpkin but there is always a first...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, the dehydrated olive pasty is the olive burger! http://gittarawkitchen.blogspot.com/2009/09/oliva-burger.html

    ReplyDelete